Saturday, 13 June 2015

First 3D Object

I'll start by saying, much to my surprise it was a success first time out.


The measurements, I used in creating the 3D model, exactly matched the output so what I made fitted first time.


It was a cap, well two caps, to fit over the exposed nuts and bolts that hold the spot lights on the Discovery.


The printed parts needed a bit of cleaning up but just using a sharp knife to cut off fine bits of stretched plastic waste. I guess this is the additive version of swarf.




The Cura software used to prepare the model for printing gives an estimate of how long it will take to print and the length of filament that will be used.


The time is also displayed on the front of the printer when you select it to print. In fact the front panel of the printer is very easy to use.

Downloads

Blend file
STL file
Licence share alike

My designs on YouMagine.com

No comments :